Freight forwarders offer a plethora of services, and perform forwarding functions which involves cargo clearance through Customs, third-party logistics and supply chain services tailor-made on behalf of their clients.
A freight forwarder takes pride in fulfilling and improving the whole logistic supply chain solution, cost-wise, resource-wise, or environmental-wise – not just ensuring space on a cargo ship!
– Knut Sollund –
Freight forwarding with ColliCare Logistics: Advantages offered
- professional advise throughout the process
- informing the clients in advance about the possible challenges of freight transportation
- negotiating with transport agents to reduce the cost of shipping /airfreight
- recommending alternate options/routes for good transportation
- assisting in improving your supply chain
- own local offices and agency networks for logistics worldwide
- finding best international freight solutions via sea or air on behalf of the customer
- holding expansive knowledge of market/country
- knowledge of local language as well as English to communicate with the customers based on their comfort and understanding.
- knowledge of local law and regulations
- detailed reporting, or customized reports daily - weekly - monthly
- logistics consultants with vast knowledge of the industry
- seamless coordination across departments, countries, and suppliers
The Freight forwarder has on offer the following scope of activities
- customs documentation
- costs of a special document
- port and terminal charges
- operation of transport movements
- cargo consolidation
- knowledge of incoterms
- managing freight costs
In short, a total logistics solutions service provider from the producer to end-customer !
A Freight Forwarders’ responsibilities according to International Conventions
- Providing accurate information about the transportation time frame.
- Ensuring that the permissions and documentations are legitimate throughout the transportation process
- Notifying the concerned parties before shipping